At the beginning of the year, we introduced “The Guide for Inquiring Minds” with 5 questions. This interrogative tool was created to help steer our Community’s professional goals no matter the business, discipline, or level of expertise. Each month, inspirational voices from around the world are invited to gift a question, and to further evolve this initiative, a contest was recently launched.
The questions submitted by the following 5 contributors were awarded an official spot in our guide: Alejandro Acuña, BRP, Louise Macdonald, Charles Bombardier and Julie Fossitt.
THE C2MTL GUIDE – TO DATE – IN ITS ENTIRETY
1. If my “Newton Moment” never comes, do I have a plan B?
2. Do I talk to people or with people?
3. Can I boost my confidence, if I start celebrating my failures?
4. How can I attract more meaningful small talk?
5. Should I applaud good enough when it’s good enough?
6. What’s more important, my job description or my mission?
7. Why not?
8. Do I ask enough questions or do I settle for what I know?
Gifted via Twitter by C2MTL Partner, Fatboy USA. | Texas, USA
9. So many tasks, too little time, what should I do?
10. How can I empower my imagination (when I spend so much time plugged in to technological interfaces)?
11. Do I judge people by the color of their shoelaces?
CONTEST WINNER: Gifted by Alejandro Acuña, Creative Director, elastica. | C2MTL Ambassador from San Jose, Costa Rica
12. What conventions that have implicitly shaped the world can I challenge?
CONTEST WINNER: Gifted by C2MTL Experiential Partner, BRP | Montréal, Québec, Canada
13. How might I unwittingly be creating the opposite of what I want?
CONTEST WINNER: Gifted by Louise Macdonald, Executive Leadership Consultant | Montréal, Québec, Canada
14. Should I reveal my ideas or keep them to myself?
CONTEST WINNER: Gifted by Charles Bombardier, Columnist at The Globe and Mail, Engineer & Creative director at charlesbombardier.com | Montréal, Québec, Canada
15. So why should I care?
CONTEST WINNER: Gifted by Julie Fossitt, Cultural Marketer | Kingston, Ontario, Canada
16. How can I make my fears taste more like ice cream?
The contest is now closed, but if you have a fabulous question that must absolutely become a part of this Guide, shoot us an email. In addition, please note that we do not translate gifted questions, therefore we need your help to grow « Le Guide pour esprits insatiables » . If you would like to gift a question in French or know of someone who would jump at the chance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pour ne pas travestir la pensée de ceux qui nous donnent des textes, nous avons fait le choix de ne pas traduire ces contenus et de les laisser dans leur langue d’origine. En harmonie avec cette philosophie, nous vous invitons à nous fournir des questions en français qui viendront enrichir notre « Guide pour esprits insatiables » en écrivant à email@example.com.
Photo of C2MTL 2013 © Emanuel Cohen / C2MTL