The Rules and Regulations
- The Gamification game (the Game), held by C2.MTL (C2M) during the C2 Montréal 2019 event from May 22 to 24, 2019 (the Event), is only open to holders of valid Total Experience tickets (1, 2 or 3 days) for the Event and who are 18 years of age or older.
- The Game is free to play and may be terminated at any time. However, to be named a winner, the prize-winner must still be registered in the Game when the time comes to award a prize in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
- The Game is not open to C2 employees, officers and directors of C2M, C2 International Inc. (C2I) or those of their partners, suppliers, representatives, agents, or the respective immediate family members of such persons who are not participants in the Event, in accordance with the terms of this agreement.
- C2M is the Game’s organizer and the sole entity responsible for awarding prizes, which is carried out in accordance with the rules set out herein and supervised by a committee of in-house representatives who designed the game. The committee is referred to as the Eligibility Committee.
- The description of the Game, the rules for awarding points and the description of the prizes are also provided in Annex A.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and described in these Rules. They are not transferable, substitutable for another prize, or exchangeable, in whole or in part, for cash or other property. C2M reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value for a prize that cannot be awarded as herein provided.
- All expenses not specifically described in these Rules are the responsibility of the winners.
- The chances of winning depend on the number of participants in the Game throughout its duration and the level of participation of each participant. It is understood that a person who participates in the Game during the 3 days of the Event has a greater chance of winning than a person who participates only on one of the three days of the Event.
- The name, last name, and score of the Game’s leaders will be displayed on screens onsite.
- The first and last names of the winners along with their photos will be posted on C2 Montréal’s social networks.
- By accepting the prize, a winner consents to the use, if required and without compensation, of his/her name, photograph, image, voice, city and region of residence and/or any statement related to the award by the Game organizers and their partners for communications and advertising purposes related to the Event.
- C2M has the FINAL AUTHORITY to make judgments and decisions regarding the registration of participants, the assessment of the eligibility of potential winners of the Game, as well as the awarding of prizes.
- Subject to the provisions of la Loi sur les loteries, les concours publicitaires et les appareils d’amusement, any dispute related to the Game may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute associated with the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- C2M, its employees, officers, directors, representatives and consultants as well as the organizers, partners and sponsors of the Game SHALL NOT BE LIABLE for any damages, costs or other expenses in the event of an accident, loss, theft or any other problem or expense, directly or indirectly related to the acquisition or use of a prize.
- All applicable taxes set forth by the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines have been duly paid.
- Refusal to accept a prize releases C2M of any obligation to said prize, including its delivery.
- C2M, its agents and representatives are not liable for errors, problems, delays, or other technical, mechanical, IT, production, distribution, or telecoms-related issues and C2M reserves the right to cancel or withdraw the Game in the event of such an issue, without notice or obligation, at its sole discretion, subject to Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec regulations.
- C2M is not liable for damage caused to a player’s information technology system after participating in the Game or downloading information required to play the Game.
- The Game is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- C2M reserves the right to disqualify persons, or withdraw their registration, if they use means that are contrary to these Contest Rules or are unfair to other players. Such persons may be turned over to the competent legal authorities.
- Any attempt to sabotage the legitimate conduct of the Game is a criminal and civil offense. If such attempts are made, C2M reserves the right to reject the participant’s registration and seek reparations through appropriate legal measures.
- In the event that the computer system is unable to register all participants in the Game for the duration of the Game for any reason whatsoever, or if participation in the Game is terminated in whole or in part before the end date provided for in these Rules, the prizes may be awarded, at C2M’s discretion, among the participants duly registered during the Game or, if applicable, until the date of the event that terminated participation in the Game.
- In any event, C2M will not be held liable for awarding more prizes or any prize other than the ways described in these rules.
- No communications or correspondence will be exchanged between the organizer and the participants in the context of the Game in any way other than detailed in these rules, or at the discretion of C2M. Personal information collected on participants in the context of this Game will only be used for the administration of the Game. No communications, commercial or otherwise, will be sent to participants unless permission to do so has otherwise been granted.
- If a section of these rules is deemed illegal, unenforceable, or null and void by a competent court, then the section in question will be considered null and void, but all other sections will remain unaffected and will be enforced to the full extent of the law.
- If there are differences in meaning between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the French version shall prevail.
- C2M reserves the right to modify these Rules at any time.
It’s a digital game that C2 participants can play to rack up points by making certain moves and/or completing activities. Every day, top performers will win one-of-a-kind C2 experiences.
|Action / Description||Points|
|Register for an activity||10|
|Attend any activity||10|
|Fill out your Klik profile||10|
|Send a contact request||5|
|Every time a participant makes a contact exchange||2|
|Give post-activity feedback using Klik||15|
|Klik with touchpoint terminal on site||10|
|Klik a Libraire C2 touchpoint to download a book||2|
|Exchange contact info with participants with different content pillars||5|
|Exchange contact info with participants with different C2 Montréal objectives||5|
|Send a chat request||5|
An opportunity for winners to take part in one of three Backstage session, a.k.a. an intimate, ask-anything-kind-of-session with one of our speakers backstage at the Forum. Prize is non-transferable.
10 winning participants will be named every day at 11:30 am, May 22-24, inclusively.
A Klik notification will be sent out at 11:40 am to inform our winners. A reminder will then be sent out at 12:30 pm.
Since it’s a FOMO activity, an invite will be sent to the top 25 on the leaderboard. Participants will be asked to make their way to the meeting point (the assigned section in the line-up at the Forum) and it’s first come, first serve. The backstage session has a 10-participant capacity, so only our top 10 will be deemed eligible.
A pass to C2 Montréal 2020
The participant who earns the most points over the three days of C2 2019 will take home a 3-day pass for C2 Montréal 2020.
The participant who earns the most points over the three days of C2. The winner will be named at 12:00 pm on Friday, May 24.
The winner will receive a Klik notification informing them of the prize won along with an invitation to head over to the information counter in the lobby to pick it up. We’ll award the winner a gift certificate and connect them with the Social Media Team to take part in a special post.
Since the event will be wrapping up, if for some reason the winner can’t pick up their prize on site, we’ll be able to get in touch with them after the event so we can send them their prize.
If there’s more than one winning participant with the same number of points, a random draw will be held in order to determine the actual winner.
Tiebreaker – Grand Prize winner (3-day pass to C2 Montréal 2020)
Q: What happens if, at the end of the event, there’s a tie between several participants who ended up earning the same number of points?
A: C2 will select the winner through a random draw and will contact them via Klik and/or email.