As we get closer to the event, this guide will be updated as official government recommendations and Covid-19 restrictions change. If you have any questions on this subject, contact our eConcierge team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There’s a lot going on during the 3 days of C2 Montréal 2021, so we’ve made this guide to better prepare you for your experience:
What is C2 Montréal 2021?
Activities taking place at C2 Montréal 2021
How to use the event platform
Essentials to bring to the site of C2 Montréal 2021: TOHU
COVID-19 official protocols applicable throughout the event
Steps to follow before, during and after the event
(Re) is a powerful reminder of this very moment in time. After an unprecedented period of over 14 months that has presented enormous challenges both personally and professionally, we can now be optimistic
Marketing & Media
Brand experts, broadcasters, retailers and storytellers have quite the brief these days. Competing for a fractured audience that has a seemingly unlimited choice of content (and increasingly shorter attention spans) means landing the narrative (and making an impact) is a defining challenge. Meanwhile, the traditional pathways and tools of marketing, media and entertainment are in flux. Finding and successfully using new ways of reaching and engaging tomorrow’s audience is critical. With the old terms of engagement out the window, learning new strategies from intrepid brand explorers, influencers and content wizards is as important as ever.
Leadership & Talent
In the brave new world of work, technological advancements, unique markets and a liquid workforce have made business-as-usual almost unrecognizable. Meanwhile, the struggle to find, keep and optimize talent is real. Since agile leadership is imperative to success (and becoming a great boss takes time and energy), learning from the best in the biz is a sound investment in your future. Finding new ways to adapt and thrive in a shifting work environment is critical. Embracing creativity, empowering teams and realizing bold visions for a prosperous and inclusive company starts with you.
Art & Design
Artfully engaging with contemporary challenges, creatives play a critical role in making sense of the world. As teachers, visionaries, agitators and iconoclasts, those who dedicate their lives to shifting perspectives and expanding our universe help nurture creative strengths and impulses in others — and inspire us to reinvent approaches to business, too.
Science & Technology
We’re standing on the cusp of a dramatic transformation in the way we work, communicate and move through the world. Artificial intelligence and machine learning, quantum computing, gene editing, cryptocurrency, robotics and other game-changing tech is here — and it’s time to use it. Practically applying these tools to activate the opportunities and possibilities that come with them is front-of-mind for business leaders looking forward. Tap into world-renowned researchers, technologists, philosophers and entrepreneurs. Make sure your business doesn’t get left behind.
Society & Environment
True leaders set out to better understand our increasingly interconnected world. From cities to climate change, mobility to moonshots, food security to shifting geopolitical landscapes, knowing where you stand in the rapidly changing ecosystems of contemporary life is more important than ever. Civil society champions, city builders, peacemakers, reformers and environmentalists will be sharing their common-sense approaches, policy initiatives and take-no-prisoners ambitions to inspire you to action. Rising to both global and local challenges, seizing opportunities to bring about real change, and saving the planet are on the to-do list.
The recipient of numerous awards, C2 International convenes communities all around the world. Its flagship event, C2 Montréal, has been voted the #1 business conference for four consecutive years. Much more than a business conference, C2 offers progressive and inspiring content in a highly creative environment designed to take participants out of their comfort zone through enhanced digital content, in-depth learning, dynamic networking activities and a highly engaged community of individuals.
This year, C2 Montréal returns with a reimagined experience featuring an all-new event platform, greater connecting opportunities, enhanced collaborative sessions and more, both online and in person. All of this in addition to the top-tier speakers, solution-oriented workshops, deep-diving masterclasses, captivating artistic performances and exclusive experiences that C2 Montréal participants have come to expect.
C2 Montréal brings together visionary leaders who want to shape the future of business and explore the creative ties at the intersection of business, art, science, society, technology and more. They come here to be inspired, meet exceptional people and find concrete solutions to current and future challenges in an inclusive, completely unique environment.
The in-person component of C2 Montréal 2021 will take place from Tuesday, October 19 to Thursday, October 21 at one-of-a-kind performance venue TOHU ( Rue des Regrattiers, Montréal (Québec) H1Z 4P2). TOHU is located in the heart of the Cité des arts du cirque, which is also home to Cirque du Soleil, a founding partner of C2 Montréal. Renowned for its enchanting, 360-degree performance space, TOHU is an exceptional venue for creation and experimentation, making it an ideal setting for C2 Montréal.
The online component of C2 Montréal, which is also accessible to in-person participants, takes place virtually on all-new digital event platform C2Agora over the same three-day period of time.
- Inspiring talks: C2 Montréal speakers are an engaging mix of business innovators, groundbreaking creatives and field-leading experts as well as the next generation of bold, change-making voices. Their talks are an invitation to find inspiration in their stories and an open doorway into deeper exploration of the topics raised.
Pro tip: C2 Montréal speakers often include a Q&A period at their conferences. Don’t hesitate to ask them something!
- Masterclasses: C2’s expert-led masterclasses are interactive meetups designed to bring experts and participants closer together around topical subject matter and turn words into action.
- Workshops: Offered in collaboration with experts, a broad range of hands-on workshops invite participants to roll up their sleeves and work with others in prototyping sessions that address real-world business challenges, experiment with new creative processes and put ideas into practice.
- The Loft is the appointed workspace for workshops and will have touchscreen tablets available for use during workshops. There is a maximum of 20 participants permitted in the space, and places will be allotted on a first-come, first-served basis upon presentation of proof of registration to the workshop.
- kyu Conversation Café: Few things are more satisfying than a good conversation. At the Conversation Café, our dialogue specialists can propose an array of rousing subjects that are sure to pique your interest. Whether you arrive alone or in a group, stimulating conversation awaits in a setting reminiscent of a local neighborhood café.
- Netwalking, presented by RBC: Ready, set… GO! We’d like you to participate in our networking sprint, during which you’ll have the opportunity to form meaningful bonds in just a few short minutes. Let your potential and your ideas shine through during a brisk walk in the fresh air. An infinite possibility of outcomes awaits!
- Mira Puppy Lounge: The Mira Puppy Lounge is a space dedicated to stimulating your creativity and to helping you forge new links. But above all, it offers a moment of relaxation in the company of adorable puppies. These puppies are in their socialization phase: they’re discovering the world, and are curious and excited to meet and play with you.
- Speed Coaching
A single conversation can change a career, especially when that conversation is with an elite business coach. In this 30-minute experience, get ready to confront some critical questions and tap into your inner wisdom… You might come out on the other end with a new perspective. Specify the concerns you’d like to address and let our veteran coaches take it from there.
- C2 Esplanade, presented by RBC: Located on the C2Agora platform, it’s an intuitive virtual networking space for people to come together to meet new friends and business partners, talk shop, learn and hang out with other participants. Think of it as a common, digital public space. C2 Esplanade employs digital technology to facilitate virtual networking. Visitors to the C2 Esplanade will have the ability to move around and approach other participants. The closer you get to people, the more you can hear them, and it all takes place in a welcoming, visually diverse space divided into topic-themed zones with lots to discover. The Esplanade is a place where you can organically meet other participants, take part in conversations and make meaningful connections. You can add the people you meet to your network simply by clicking on their photo, which opens their profile and allows you to connect. Moderators will be on hand to facilitate conversations during conference hours for all three days of C2 Montréal. This activity will only be available with a laptop computer.
- Points in Common, presented by Iregular, is a collection of interactive experiences created to observe how large groups engage with public digital art, assess the flaws and efficiencies of such artwork, and extract meaningful connections and other conclusions. Using your smartphone flashlight, you can trigger real-time sonic and graphic responses on the large facade in front of you.
- Networking: Each year, C2 brings together a large and diverse community of forward thinkers from many different disciplines and industries. C2Agora’s range of enhanced networking functions allows participants who share interests to connect with one another through chats or video meetups.
Pro tip: We strongly encourage you to register for activities before you attend so that you secure your spot and they appear in your agenda. Note that online talks and masterclasses have unlimited capacity. However, workshops are limited to 100 participants to allow for a more personal experience.
Some in-person activities will be broadcast live on the C2Agora platform. The subject matter and content will be the same for conferences, masterclasses and arts performances. In order to help better navigate our programming, it’s specified whether an activity is taking place in person, online or both simultaneously.
Please note that this year’s workshops will all take place exclusively online. Touchscreen tablets will be available in The Loft if you don’t have your computer with you.
C2Agora is C2’s digital event platform and your gateway to all the online action taking place this year at C2 Montréal. C2Agora is designed to provide you with a unique experience: this is where you will access the programming, attend various activities, connect with other participants and more!
You will have access to the platform as of mid-October, 2021, and it will remain accessible until November 21, 2021. You’ll also have access to past video content in the On demand section in order to re-watch the sessions you loved and catch up on the ones you missed.
The C2Agora platform was built to host unique activities and facilitate exchanges between C2 participants.
Here are the features of the platform:
- LIVE: Attend a live conference
- PROGRAMMING: Consult the programming and sign up for activities
- AGENDA: Create an easily accessible personal agenda by registering for activities that interest you
- NETWORKING: Meet others and network
- Connect with someone directly by searching for their name, title, company, interests
- Message the person you want to connect with
- Note that when connecting with a participant, they will only receive your first message
- CONTACTS: Consult your list of contacts and communicate with them using this tab
- C2 ESPLANADE, presented by RBC: An intuitive virtual networking space with 9 different environments where you can connect with other C2 participants. This activity will only be accessible on a computer and will require the use of your headphones
- PARTNERS: Discover the event partners and their activities
- ON DEMAND: Watch or revisit past conferences
- CHAT: Interact with others during your activities using the chat feature
Pro tip #1: For the best experience, make sure you have access to a reliable wireless internet network (15 Mbps or more) and use an up-to-date version of your web browser. The platform is optimized for current versions of the Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers.
Pro top #2: The use of a headset is advised.
You can access the platform through the link sent to your email address when you confirm your participation. You can also access it by logging on to https://c2agora.com/en/ with your login and password, or directly from our website by clicking on the white figure on the top navigation bar, which will redirect you to the sign-in page.
Pro tip #1: Find your login email by searching for this address: email@example.com.
Pro tip #2: To optimize your participation, make sure you have access to a reliable wireless internet network (15 Mbps or more) and use an up-to-date version of your web browser. The platform is optimized for current versions of the Chrome, Firefox and Safari browsers.
Your personality will radiate through your profile on the event platform, and it can be seen and consulted by all C2 participants. The information you share will inspire participants to interact with you, mainly through the expertise and interests fields that we ask you to fill out.
We recommend that you complete your profile by adding your profile picture and filling in the mandatory fields — they will be useful for optimizing your networking experience. Please note that you can modify your information at any time.
This year, you have several options for exploring the program in a more personalized way and identifying the activities that best meet your business objectives and interests. Here is how we recommend you proceed in order to maximize your experience at C2 Montréal 2021.
Step 1: Define your objectives
You can consult the complete program of the online edition by clicking on Programming, located in the top navigation bar. Then, on the right-hand side of the screen, you can use keywords to filter the results or search sessions by interest, subject or date.
Step 2: Refine results by activity type
Ideally, we recommend that you select a mix of conferences and collaborative activities to participate in. However, if you prefer to stick to a particular type of activity, use the keywords “Conference”, “Workshop” or “Masterclasse” to display the corresponding activities.
Contact our eConcierge team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact them directly in the C2Agora platform using the Need help? tool . They are eager to share their knowledge of our programming and the platform, and can give suggestions or advice about how to prepare for a memorable experience.
You can book private meetings between different participants using the Book private meeting feature in the AGENDA tab
Before inviting people, make sure you are connected to their profiles. Then you can add a title to your meeting, a description, a date and time, and the number of participants you want to include.
Each invited participant will receive a notification via email.
Before arriving at the TOHU site, we encourage you to download the AGORA application“c2 Agora networking app”. It will be available on Apple and Android and allows you to scan the QR code on participants’ badges and initiate communication with them. Once their QR code is scanned, you can get in touch with them through the C2Agora web platform using the CONTACTS tab .
Please note that your QR code is in the application as well as on your in-person badge.
In addition to helping you discover and navigate the event platform, our eConcierges can provide suggestions for newcomers and answer all your questions. Don’t hesitate to seek them out if you need assistance or clarification navigating the platform, or for any general questions regarding C2 Montréal 2021.
Please note that during conferences, the eConcierges will be taking on the role of chat moderators, guiding and responding to any questions — don’t be shy about interacting with them!
Summed up, the role of the eConcierges is to be of service to you, so please be sure to make good use of them. You can communicate with our eConcierges directly:
- by email at email@example.com
- Through the Need help? tool anchored in the top navigation bar of the event platform
For all technical issues, please contact our technical support team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are thrilled to see you in person!
The Quebec government’s health measures related to COVID-19 require us to implement the use of the vaccination passport to access the TOHU site. We require that you present your vaccination passport or PDF proof of vaccination either on a device or printed out.
All information regarding the retrieval of your vaccination passport can be found here.
You will need to provide proof of vaccination in QR code format in one of the following three formats:
– PDF format on your mobile device
– Printed out
Please note that for all formats, valid photo identification will be required, such as your driver’s licence or health insurance card.
A bracelet valid for the three days of the event will be given to you as proof of the validity of your vaccination passport upon presentation of the latter.
Two (2) other measures will also be implemented during the event:
- Social distancing must be respected between all persons not residing in the same household. (Signs will be displayed in all public areas)
- Wearing a mask is obligatory in all indoor spaces (homemade masks are not accepted)
As of September 7, 2021, fully vaccinated foreign nationals are eligible to enter Canada for discretionary (non-essential) reasons, such as tourism. However, these individuals must:
- Be fully vaccinated: a traveller must have received, and show proof of, the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada
- Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). Please consult this list of approved vaccines for visitors to Canada
- Have a valid pre-arrival COVID-19 molecular test result taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or their arrival at the land border crossing. Antigen tests, often called “rapid tests,” are not accepted
- Be asymptomatic
- Submit their mandatory information via ArriveCAN (App or website), including proof of vaccination in English or French and a quarantine plan
- Be admissible under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, and
- Take a test on arrival, if selected
Visa-exempt foreign travellers flying to Canada or transiting through Canada to their final destination will be required to present an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). Exceptions include citizens of the United States and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. If you require a letter of invitation, please let us know at email@example.com.
Currency and taxes
The currency here is the Canadian dollar. A Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 5%, as well as a provincial sales tax (TVQ) of 9.975% are added to goods and services purchased in the province of Quebec.
There is also a 3.5% Tax on Lodging for each accommodation unit rented in an establishment located in the Montreal tourism region.
You can convert money at the pricier Pierre Elliott Trudeau Airport currency exchange (not recommended), or at your hotel (even less so), or simply by using your ATM card at any bank, which will charge a small fee (best option). There are also numerous currency exchanges located throughout downtown that offer competitive rates.
Tipping at restaurants and elsewhere
Service is not included in your restaurant bill. It’s customary to add a 15% tip to the total before taxes (if you’re with a group, a 15-to-18% gratuity may be automatically added to your bill, depending on the establishment). Taxi drivers, delivery workers and hair stylists are also usually tipped 10% to 15%. Porters and doormen typically receive at least $1 per suitcase or service rendered.
The in-person experience at C2 Montréal will take place over the three days of the event, from Tuesday, October 19 to Thursday, October 21 at TOHU.
Rue des Regrattiers,
Montréal (Québec) H1Z 4P2
TOHU is accessible to people with reduced mobility. Seats are reserved for this purpose for each activity. Please contact our eConcierge team to inform them of any specific needs: firstname.lastname@example.org
The TOHU site will be open from Tuesday, October 19 to Thursday, October 21 from 7 am to 6 pm each day.
There are several options available to get to the TOHU site. We strongly encourage you to choose public transportation to reduce your carbon footprint.
Option #1: By car or Communauto (car-sharing service)
- Highway 40 East, exit 74 Iberville:
- At the lights, turn left on d’Iberville, turn left on Crémazie and turn right on Michel-Jurdant. The parking lot will be on your left.
- Highway 40 West, exit 75 Saint-Michel:
- At the second lights, turn left onto Saint-Michel, then turn left onto Crémazie. then turn right onto Michel-Jurdant. The parking lot will be on your left.
This is a Communauto area where you can release your vehicle.
There will be paid parking available on the TOHU site, and it will also be possible to park on the streets around TOHU. It is important to note that the number of parking spaces is limited.
Option #2: By taxi/Uber/Eva
Please use this address if you will be arriving by taxi, Uber or Eva:
Rue des Regrattiers
Montréal (Québec) H1Z 4P2
Option #3: By bus
Bus STM #94
Bus STM #193
Option #4: By subway (called the “metro” in Montreal)
Blue line: Saint Michel metro station
Plan for a 20-minute walk, near the highway, from the station to TOHU, or a 5-minute taxi ride.
Option #5: Rent a BIXI (bike-sharing network)
Take advantage of BIXI’s bike-sharing services to get to TOHU.
A bike station is located at the corner of Paul Boutet and Jarry East streets.
Pro tip: Before renting a BIXI, check the weather since it can be relatively unpredictable during the autumn season.
You can pick up your badge on Tuesday, October 19 as of 7 am at the entrance of TOHU.
Before picking up your badge, we will ask you to present a valid piece of identification and your vaccination passport:
– through the VaxiCode app
– in PDF format on your mobile phone, computer or tablet
– or printed out on paper
Once this step is completed, our team will hand you your badge, which will be valid throughout the event.
There is no dress code at C2 — we encourage you to wear whatever you are comfortable in — but we recommend that you be prepared for any change in the weather.
It is important to take into account that this year, 80% of the activities are outside (under a tent and really outside). In case of rainy weather, C2 will be able to lend you umbrellas onsite. It is advisable to check the weather forecast for Montreal before attending in-person as October can be very unpredictable. As such, we advise you to wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes (high heels are not recommended).
- your mobile phone + charger
- your laptop + charger
- your own headphones, which will allow you to follow participants’ live interactions during conferences. If you forgot your headphones, you can buy them at the TOHU box office.
- an empty, reusable water bottle and reusable coffee mug, there will be water stations onsite
- your vaccination passport
- a valid piece of ID
- your mask, since masks will be required onsite through the entire event. We recommend that you bring several with you. We will also have masks available as needed
- Our eConcierge team will be available for in-person consultation to help you optimize your experience onsite.
- WiFi will be available throughout the entire TOHU site. To access it, connect to the Wi-Fi *C2M_Forum et C2M_Plaza Wi-Fi*.
- Simultaneous translation will be available during conferences: go to DVOX.live. Don’t forget your headphones!
- Parking spaces are reserved for participants on the TOHU site (20$ per day), enter from Michel Jurdant street, and it is equally possible to park on the adjacent streets.
- There will be a locker room service should you need to check in your bags while at C2.
- C2 umbrellas will be made available to you should the weather take a rainy turn.
- Catering: Food trucks will be present onsite, and a bistrot will offer a variety of food and drink throughout the day.
Please note that:
– all plates and utensils onsite are either reusable, returnable for a deposit (ecocups, La Tasse at the Bistro) or compostable. The Bistro’s menu has been conceived with a focus on using local ingredients, herbs and garden vegetables. We work with catering companies that have social economy accreditation– sorting stations for garbage, compost and recycling will be present onsite– bring your own reusable water bottle; there will be water stations onsite
- Payment for services onsite can be done with debit or credit cards, or in cash.
- Spaces where sessions are rebroadcast will be onsite throughout the event.
- A space dedicated to breastfeeding or prayer will be available to you, upon request, at the information desk.
- Familiarize yourself with the platform, build your agenda by registering for activities, and explore the Networking section to see your recommended contacts in order to book private meetings with other participants.
- Research the best way to get to TOHU ahead of time. We have provided instructions on how to arrive by taxi, car, bus, metro and bike.
- Get to know our eConcierge team — they are there to help you have a delightful experience with a C2 twist.
- Don’t forget to bring your vaccination passport, a piece of ID and your best-looking mask.
- We recommend that you arrive at TOHU at least 45 minutes before your first scheduled activity.
- Arrive at your activity’s designated location a few minutes early because latecomers will not be admitted.
- Fall into October: Wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes. You will partake in indoor and outdoor activities (which brings us to the next point…).
- C2 Montréal does not have a dress code. Wear what you like, but be prepared for any change in the weather. Note that high heels are not recommended.
- If possible, avoid bringing your luggage to the event. If necessary, a checkroom will be made available to you.
- Connect, engage and network with other participants.
- Send messages to participants you are connected with through the C2Agora event platform’s chat option.
- Collaborate and interact during conferences and workshops by asking questions through the platform’s Q&A feature.
- We’d love to know what you think — please rate the activities you join.
- For 30 days after the event, you can still access the C2Agora platform to review the sessions in the On demand tab. You have access until November 21.
- Your feedback is valuable. Please fill out the short post-event survey that we will email to you in the days following the conclusion of C2 Montréal 2021.
- Tell us what you thought of your experience by email at email@example.com or by using the event platform’s Need help? tool . We’re always happy to hear from you!
On behalf of the entire C2 Montréal team, we can’t wait for you to experience this year’s edition, and we’re looking forward to seeing you very soon!
It should be noted that all of this information may change depending on public health recommendations and COVID-19 restrictions regarding in-person events. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our eConcierge team at firstname.lastname@example.org.