The Assistant Decorator supports the Lead Decorator in their daily tasks. They work together to ensure the realization of event decor, from creation to delivery. They are responsible for budgeting and listing needs related to decor and furnishings for the entire site.
- Create and manage rental lists for various spaces and with various suppliers
- Contact the various furniture suppliers, communicate correct information to them, and maintain a good and professional relationship with them
- Ensure during installation that site plans are followed precisely
- Compose explanatory documents to illustrate the plan, the choice of furnishing, the decor, and the quantities required for each event space that will be used by participants or clients. These documents will be useful for client presentations, as well as for event pre-production and for the installation team.
- Plan for and secure the rental and/or purchase of decorative items, lighting, and furniture, with attention to quantities, models, delivery wait times, etc.
- Supervise the installation and ensure that all furnishings and decorative items are placed and installed as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Design or DEC (college diploma) in theatre/production (majoring in set design or costumes) is an asset
- Mastery of InDesign, Excel, and Google Sheets software
- Mastery of SketchUp and PhotoShop software is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, in French and English (bilingualism)
- Knowledge of Word and PowerPoint software
- Positive attitude, people skills, and good team spirit
- Desire to learn and grow within the company
- Good ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong ability to adapt to change and to the sometimes-atypical work schedules in the lead-up to events
At C2 Montréal, we look beyond your CV. Tell us how you can assist the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your resume to email@example.com
Deadline: March 29, 2019
n.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.