As a senior developer in the technology team, you are a developer, a mentor, and a leader. You are driven to produce clean, readable, and well structured code. You are an integral part of the development process from the conceptual phases through to implementation and deployment. Your passion for technology means that you are always up-to-date on the latest standards, trends and platforms offered making you both a capable developer and architect. You are a clear communicator and able to work with our business teams to meet goals and objectives. You are comfortable working with little supervision managing multiple deliverables at once. Your ability to multi-task is key as you support our more junior developers while still delivering on current projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to architect solutions to meet defined requirements
- Define and develop RESTful APIs to integrate with our backend systems
- Develop backend systems with designated frameworks and/or platforms
- Take ownership over QA and unit testing to ensure policy compliance
- Work with our DevOps to facilitate smooth and efficient deployments
- Work with our Frontend Developers to integrate and execute on UI/UX designs
- Provide support for all platforms and systems as required
- Work with the lead developer to train and mentor junior developers
Qualifications and skills required
- Degree/Certificate in relevant field of study, or comparable work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working within a development team
- Experienced with both development and architectural best practices
- Expert with PHP and related backend languages
- Expert with MySQL including optimization and security
- Expert at writing scalable, readable, and maintainable code
- Experience with Apache web servers
- Experience with ReactJS
- Familiar with debugging tools like Xdebug
- Knowledge of modern platforms and frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, etc.)
- Bilingual French-English
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Advanced problem solving abilities
- You thrive under pressure and are deliverable focused
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Spirit of initiative, resourcefulness and autonomy
What we offer
An opportunity to collaborate and create with some of the smartest, coolest and most interesting people in the industry and, of course, competitive conditions.
Permanent full-time position, start date as soon as possible.
At C2, we look beyond your CV. Tell us what you can bring to the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your CV and a short cover letter to Sean Saulnier, Director of Architecture & Development: email@example.com
The deadline to submit your application is April 23rd, 2021.
C2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not condone discrimination on the bases of race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information or other non-merit based factors. All applicants will be considered.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
It is C2’s belief that, as people, the solutions to challenges big and small reside within us. And by convening, connecting and engaging we can contribute to overcoming complex problems and leverage creativity to propel the economy, society and organizations forward.
We are conveners of B2B communities — ours and our clients
C2 creates and delivers major conferences, digital events, strategies and programmes in cities around the world such as Amsterdam, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, Milan, Paris and Abu Dhabi, as well as assisting with the last G7 in Canada. We also work with clients such as Michelin, EY, IBM, Microsoft, YPO and many more.
We are proud of Montreal, our home base and creative inspiration. We celebrate the city and our own unique convening capabilities with our proprietary and award-winning C2 Montreal event (which has won Best Kick-A** Experience for the last two years running at Eventex).
C2 also plays on the world stage. We are a proud member of kyu, a collective of strategically curated creative organizations around the world including Sid Lee, IDEO, Kepler, SYPartners, BeWorks and many others. Each shares a belief that creative collaboration yields new solutions to the world’s most challenging problems.
We are a diverse and tightly knit team. We have each other’s backs. We embrace teamwork, change and innovation, and we humbly want to make a difference with what we accomplish.
And while 2020 presented its own enormous challenges, we were able to navigate it, and we now have momentum and a clear game plan. So we are looking for more talented people — maybe you!