Reports to: Director of development and operation, Digital Innovation and Technology group
As a senior developer in the Digital Innovations group, you are driven to produce clean, readable, and well structured code. You are an integral part of the development process from the conceptual phases through to implementation and deployment. Your passion for technology means that you are always up-to-date on the latest standards, trends and platforms offered making you both a capable developer and architect. You are comfortable working with little supervision managing multiple deliverables at once. Your ability to multi-task is key as you support our more junior developers while still delivering on current projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to architect solutions to meet defined requirements
- Define and develop RESTful APIs to integrate with our backend systems
- Develop backend systems with designated frameworks and/or platforms
- Take ownership over QA and unit testing to ensure policy compliance
- Work with our DevOps to facilitate smooth and efficient deployments
- Work with our Frontend Developers to integrate and execute on UIUX designs
- Provide support for all platforms and systems as required
- Work with the lead developer to train and mentor junior developers
Qualifications and skills required
- 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Bilingualism essential – both oral and written
- Experienced with both development and architectural best practices
- Expert with PHP and related backend languages
- Expert with MySQL including optimization and security
- Familiarity with ReactJS
- Advanced knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience with Apache web servers
- Familiar with debugging tools like Xdebug
- Knowledge of modern platforms and frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, etc)
- Expert at writing scalable, readable, and maintainable code
- Advanced problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Very well organized
Conditions of employment
- Permanent full-time position
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Be available to work outside normal office hours from time to time.
There’s more to working at C2 than a stimulating work environment—you also get access to:
- Comprehensive group insurance coverage
- Flexible holidays and possibility of working remotely
- A whole network of competent, passionate and enthusiastic colleagues
- A host of internal activities: Thursday 5-7 gatherings, lunchtime activities and workshops, Chips & Beer Fridays, etc.
- Kombucha and other surprises to brighten up your work life even more!
About C2 International
C2 International is the creator and producer of the most forward-thinking business events in the world, combining progressive and inspiring content with a highly creative, collaborative and immersive context that turns guests into engaged participants. Born out of the idea that business events have not yet entered the 21st century, C2 aims to gather leaders to collaboratively explore the creative intersections of commerce, science, technology, society and sustainability. C2 International has been credited with driving the “festivalization” of business events and has been highlighted by the trade press as a standout leader revolutionizing the event business. Its flagship C2 Montréal event was voted “Most Innovative Conference” and “Best conference” multiple years running, and the 2018 edition took home awards for “Canadian Event,” “Sustainable Event” and “Kick A** Experience.” Now C2 lends its creative savvy to organizations the world over, building events for businesses in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. C2 has produced events in close to 40 cities for global leaders such as Michelin, Microsoft, EY, Google and YPO, to name a few. See c2.biz for more information.
At C2, we look beyond your CV. Tell us what you can bring to the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your CV and a short cover letter to Sean Saulnier: email@example.com
The deadline to submit your application is February 14th, 2020.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.