The Business Development Manager reports directly to the Movin’On Summit Business Development Director.
The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities with an emphasis on new business development. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable the achievement of sales objectives. Interest or experience in sustainable mobility field. Achieves sales goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for impeccable service delivery.
Core areas of activity
Building successful relationships that generate sales opportunities
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls with new and existing clients, entertainment, sales trips, networking events, etc.
- Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover of confirmed group and partner opportunities for execution by account director.
Managing sales activities
- Leads and participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (i.e. keeping CRM up to date and organized, generating proposals, writing contracts, handling customer correspondence).
Using knowledge of market trends and targeting customer data to maximize revenue
- Identifies new business to achieve revenue goals.
- Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc., and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for C2 aligning with client objectives, targeted audience and growth potential.
- Identifies upsell opportunities to maximize revenue potential.
- Gains understanding of C2’s target clients and service expectations; serves the client by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions.
Providing exceptional customer service
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
- Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
- Sets a positive example for account directors and participant experience department.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on event quality and service levels.
- Ability to build strategic proposals based on client goals;
- Ability to present efficiently to C-level clients;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Heightened sense of detail;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while respecting short deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt quickly to change;
- Top-notch professionalism;
- Work autonomy;
- Bilingual French-English (essential – both spoken and written);
- Other languages (asset).
- Open-mindedness and sociability;
- Versatility and great intellectual curiosity;
- Highly resistant to stress;
- Sense of humour.
At C2 Montreal, we look beyond your resume. Tell us how you can help the team. If you are interested in this offer, send your CV and a short cover letter to Amine Ouadahi at firstname.lastname@example.org.