The Marketing Communications Lead helps create and deploy the English-language content plan in its entirety, in addition to any event-related marketing materials for C2 Montréal: May 27-29, 2020.
Team: Marketing and Audience
Contract period: January 6 to June 26, 2020, possibility of renewal
Role and responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the Marketing Strategy Manager and the Managing Editor, the Marketing Communications Lead is responsible for all English-language content production, deployment and quality, including:
- Website content
- Event-related marketing content (blog articles)
- Participant content (announcements, The Takeways, C2 magazine, etc.)
- Partner content (ex. Digital Packs)
- Ensures the consistency of tone and accuracy of information across English-language content
- In close collaboration with the Marketing Strategy Manager, works with the Business Development team and other stakeholders to create sales tools and brand assets
- Works closely with the Social Media Manager
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, solid French-language skills
- Bachelor’s in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in communications (or relevant experience)
- Experience in event communications (asset)
- Strong attention to detail, team player, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Initiative-taking, problem-solving, and independent
- Knowledge of best practices regarding SEO and online content
- Ability to adapt style, voice and tone for various content types and audiences
- Fluency in G Suite, Slack, Asana and WordPress (asset)
About C2 Montréal
C2 Montréal is the most forward-thinking business event in the world. Having taken home awards for “Canadian Event,” “Sustainable Event” and “Kick A** Experience” at the most recent Eventex, C2 is much more than just simply a conference — it combines progressive and inspiring content in a highly creative setting aimed at taking participants out of their comfort zone. Imagined by creative agency Sid Lee in collaboration with Cirque du Soleil, C2 looks at the creative intersections of commerce, science, technology, society and the environment. The conference welcomes over 7,500 participants — hailing from 60-plus countries and 34 industries — in the belief that business success is coupled with societal progress. The ninth edition of C2 Montréal will take place May 27-29, 2020 in Montreal, Canada.
At C2 Montréal, we look beyond your CV. Tell us what you can bring to the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your CV and a short cover letter to Jenny-Valérie Roussy: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit your application is December 16, 2019.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.