Reports directly to: Global Partnerships Lead – Movin’On
Full-time, permanent position.
An integral part of the business development team for the Movin’On Summit – a world conference on sustainable mobility – the Senior Manager, Business Development proactively solicits business with potential clients and generates sales opportunities, especially via prospecting. The Senior Manager converts opportunities and closes business in a timely manner, ensuring high-quality service delivery. She or he also takes part in daily sales activities, cultivating solid and long-lasting business relationships to meet assigned sales objectives. The successful candidate is highly motivated, independent, able to prospect under pressure, perfectly bilingual (French and English), and passionate about the future of sustainable mobility.
Core areas of activity
- Develops new markets and identifies novel business opportunities for the Movin’On Summit.
- Proactively grows client accounts by building solid business relationships.
- Generates and arranges opportunities for meetings and discussions that advance the company’s service proposal.
- Comes up with fresh ideas that encourage clients to launch new projects.
- Takes an active role in meeting sales objectives and anticipated profits.
- Stays on top of the latest industry trends and actively participates in a wide variety of events.
- Leverages networks (online and offline) to build relationships and increase visibility.
- Assesses the competition and identifies ways to break into new markets.
- Inspires colleagues to optimize opportunities and share successes/failures.
- Works intensively with sales tools (CRM, LinkedIn, account-based marketing, etc.) to optimize closing ratio and collect client data.
Education and experience
- BA in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience in project management
- Familiarity with local market
- Firm grasp on agency life and the sales pitch process (asset)
Professional and interpersonal skills
- A solid, active, developed business network (or one that’s underway)
- Entrepreneurial vision powered by innovativeness
- Unwavering determination when it comes to seeking out new business opportunities
- A desire to build long-term business relationships that enable the achievement of sales objectives
- Ability to close deals and move business forward
- Enthusiasm, passion, and curiosity for mobility, transport, innovation, or any other related field
- Available for travel (20% of the time – mainly in the United States)
- There’s more to working at C2 than a stimulating work environment—you also get access to a full suite of competitive benefits:
- Comprehensive group insurance coverage
- Flexible holidays
- Access to Econofitness passes
At C2 Montréal, we look beyond your CV. Tell us what you can bring to the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your CV and a short cover letter to Amine Ouadahi at email@example.com
The deadline to submit your application is September 2nd.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Movin’On Summit
Movin’On is a world summit on sustainable mobility presented by Michelin and held in partnership with C2 International, its organizing partner. Every year, thousands of leaders from academia, politics, business, cities, and startups converge on Movin’On to collaborate and co-innovate. Together, they work to implement sustainable solutions for the future, as well as new initiatives to meet big challenges in the here and now, so we as a planet can move towards mobility that’s clean, safe, and inclusive.
About C2 International
C2 International is the creator and producer of the most forward-thinking business events in the world, combining progressive and inspiring content with a highly creative, collaborative and immersive context that turns guests into engaged participants. Born out of the idea that business events have not yet entered the 21st century, C2 aims to gather leaders to collaboratively explore the creative intersections of commerce, science, technology, society and sustainability. C2 International has been credited with driving the “festivalization” of business events and has been highlighted by the trade press as a standout leader revolutionizing the event business. Its flagship C2 Montréal event was voted “Most Innovative Conference” and “Best conference” multiple years running, and the 2018 edition took home awards for “Canadian Event,” “Sustainable Event” and “Kick A** Experience.” Now C2 lends its creative savvy to organizations the world over, building events for businesses in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. C2 has produced events in close to 40 cities for global leaders such as Michelin, Microsoft, EY, Google and YPO, to name a few. See c2.biz for more information.