The Senior Sales Manager, Corporate Experiences is responsible for proactively soliciting business and accountable for converting event opportunities with significant revenue potential. The ideal candidate has superpowers in aligning customer profiles with the appropriate product. An integral part of C2 International’s Growth and Partnerships – Corporate Experiences division, the Senior Sales Manager assists in leading all day-to-day sales-related activities while always keeping a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable the achievement of sales objectives.
Reports to: Director of Corporate Experiences – Growth and Partnerships
Duration of the mandate: Permanent full-time position
Core areas of activity
Understanding market opportunities and driving revenue
- Understands the overall market—competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.—and knows how to sell against them.
- Targets prospects, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation.
- Identifies and closes the best opportunities for C2 aligning with client objectives, target audience and growth potential.
- Partners with in-house team members to effectively manage business opportunities and develop creative ideas/proposals.
- Handles complex business negotiations with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
Building successful relationships that generate sales opportunities
- Builds and strengthens relationships with new and existing customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls with new and existing clients, entertainment, sales trips, networking events, etc.
- Provides accurate and complete information to aid strategy team in developing pitches
- Builds strategic briefs and proposals based on client goals and presents them to their upper management.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover of confirmed opportunities for execution.
- Leads and participates in sales calls with members of the sales development team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (i.e. keeping CRM up to date and organized, generating proposals, writing contracts, handling customer correspondence).
Providing exceptional customer service
- Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Services our customers in order to grow relationships and revenue potential.
- Sets a positive example for team members.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Sales or other relevant field
- 6-8 years of relevant experience in international business development, sales and/or partnership management
- Project management experience (major asset)
- Event, experiential marketing and creative agency experience (major asset)
- Partnerships-related experience on an international level and/or in customer relations, luxury and hospitality (asset)
Professional and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual French-English (essential – both spoken and written)
- Other languages (asset)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while respecting short deadlines;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to travel 25%-30% of the time
- Top-notch professionalism
- Team player
- Positive outlook
- Open-mindedness and sociability
- Versatility and intellectual curiosity
- Highly resistant to stress
There’s more to working at C2 than a stimulating work environment—you also get access to a full suite of competitive benefits:
- Comprehensive group insurance coverage
- Flexible holidays
- Access to Econofitness passes
- Breakfast service offered
At C2 International, we look beyond your CV. Tell us what you can bring to the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your CV and a short cover letter to Jessica Gibbons: email@example.com
The deadline to submit your application is august 12.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About C2 International
C2 International is the creator and producer of the most forward-thinking business events in the world, combining progressive and inspiring content with a highly creative, collaborative and immersive context that turns guests into engaged participants. Born out of the idea that business events have not yet entered the 21st century, C2 aims to gather leaders to collaboratively explore the creative intersections of commerce, science, technology, society and sustainability. C2 International has been credited with driving the “festivalization” of business events and has been highlighted by the trade press as a standout leader revolutionizing the event business. Its flagship C2 Montréal event was voted “Most Innovative Conference” and “Best conference” multiple years running, and the 2018 edition took home awards for “Canadian Event,” “Sustainable Event“ and “Kick A** Experience.” Now C2 lends its creative savvy to organizations the world over, building events for businesses in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. C2 has produced events in close to 40 cities for global leaders such as Michelin, Microsoft, EY, Google and YPO, to name a few. See c2.biz for more information.