Job Title: Business Analyst
Report to: Manager – Digital Innovation and Technology
Summary of the mandate
As part of the Digital Innovation and Technologies team, the Business Analyst will lead project discovery sessions and elicit deep and detailed requirements that will help blueprint the future of our technology roadmap for both in-house development, and vendor supplemented platforms. With a focus on e-commerce, revenue management and business automation, the opportunity to expand your horizons will only be limited by your own creativity. You will be joining a fresh and growing team that is on a mission to support and partner with our business users to create the ultimate participant experience in the most unique events all over the world.
- Assist the Digital Innovation Team Manager in the delivery of technological solutions;
- Work collaboratively with your team as well as those of the organization to ensure continuous business and technological alignment;
- Participate in “sprint” and “scrum” type meetings;
- Apply a strong work methodology and ethic;
- Conduct business requirements reviews;
- Ensure proper documentation of best practices and provide training when necessary;
- Build functional requirements;
- Report bugs and bring the necessary resolution alongside the development team;
- Conduct quality assurance tests with the development team.
Qualifications and skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management or related degrees;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar job;
- Strong analytical and redacting skills;
- Excellent communication and redacting skills in both French and English;
- Understanding of quality assurance (QA) practices and methodologies;
- A strong passion for conceptual and technological design;
- Knowledge of products such as SalesForce, G-Suite and JIRA are great assets.
- Eager to learn and understand organizational processes;
- Be a promoter of team and collaborative success;
- Ease in giving advice and bringing in new ideas;
- Strong interest in technology and its application;
- Good stress and emergency management in a changing environment;
- Interest in learning and applying best management practices;
- Demonstrated ability to lead change;
- Thorough, autonomous and responsible;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Conditions of employment
Permanent full-time position
There’s more to working at C2 than a stimulating work environment—you also get access to:
- Comprehensive group insurance coverage
- Flexible holidays and possibility of working remotely
- A whole network of competent, passionate and enthusiastic colleagues
- A host of internal activities: Thursday 5-7 gatherings, lunchtime activities and workshops, Chips & Beer Fridays, etc.
- Kombucha and other surprises to brighten up your work life even more!
About C2 International
C2 International is the creator and producer of the most forward-thinking business events in the world, combining progressive and inspiring content with a highly creative, collaborative and immersive context that turns guests into engaged participants. Born out of the idea that business events have not yet entered the 21st century, C2 aims to gather leaders to collaboratively explore the creative intersections of commerce, science, technology, society and sustainability. C2 International has been credited with driving the “festivalization” of business events and has been highlighted by the trade press as a standout leader revolutionizing the event business. Its flagship C2 Montréal event was voted “Most Innovative Conference” and “Best conference” multiple years running, and the 2018 edition took home awards for “Canadian Event,” “Sustainable Event” and “Kick A** Experience.” Now C2 lends its creative savvy to organizations the world over, building events for businesses in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. C2 has produced events in close to 40 cities for global leaders such as Michelin, Microsoft, EY, Google and YPO, to name a few. See c2.biz for more information.
At C2, we look beyond your CV. Tell us what you can bring to the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your CV and a short cover letter to Max Fossey: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit your application is December 14, 2019.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.