The Content Programming Coordinator is responsible for supporting the programming team in building and finalizing the programming of conferences, workshops, panels, and other content presented at the C2 Montréal event, to be held from May 27-29, 2020.
- Conduct content research for the programming team
- Identify speakers and experts to invite, and suggest session and design content ideas (workshops, panels, interviews, keynotes, etc.)
- Prepare and participate in briefing calls with speakers
- Write content briefs in preparation for on-stage panels
- Write and update the description of on-stage activities at C2
- Collaborate closely and effectively with other departments (partnerships, sales, collaborative experiences, etc.)
- Oversee the running of all conferences during the event (loading PowerPoint presentations, reviewing execution, and briefing speakers in the wings)
- Bachelor’s degree in management, or in another relevant field
- 1-3 years work experience in fields such as project management, media, and/or event management
- Bilingual French-English (ESSENTIAL – both spoken and written). Third language an asset
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, and Adobe InDesign is an asset
Qualifications and skills
- Intellectual curiosity, strong interest in research, and knowledge about the current hot topics related to C2 Montréal’s five content pillars (Leadership & Talent, Science & Technology, Marketing & Media, Environment & Society, and Art & Design)
- High degree of professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills, team player, and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and quickly adapt to change
- Highly resistant to stress
- Considerable professional autonomy
- Sense of initiative and resourcefulness
- Rigour, precision, acute attention to detail
Contractual, for a 5-month period from January 13 to June 1 (part time from January 13 to February 1, full time from February 3 to June 1)
Salary commensurate with experience.
There’s more to working at C2 than a stimulating work environment—you also get access to:
- A whole network of competent, passionate and enthusiastic colleagues
- A host of internal activities: Thursday 5-7 gatherings, lunchtime activities and workshops, Chips & Beer Fridays, etc.
- Kombucha and other surprises to brighten up your work life even more!
About C2 Montréal
C2 Montréal is the most forward-thinking business event in the world. Having taken home awards for “Canadian Event,” “Sustainable Event” and “Kick A** Experience” at the most recent Eventex, C2 is much more than just simply a conference — it combines progressive and inspiring content in a highly creative, festival-like setting aimed at taking participants out of their comfort zone. Held annually in Montreal, C2 Montréal exists to help leaders shape the future of business. Imagined by creative agency Sid Lee in collaboration with founding partner Cirque du Soleil, C2 looks at the creative intersections of commerce, science, technology, society and sustainability. The conference welcomes over 7,500 participants — hailing from 60-plus countries and 34 industries — in the belief that business success is coupled with societal progress. The ninth edition of C2 Montréal will take place May 27-29, 2020 in Montreal, Canada.
If this opportunity interests you, send your CV to Emilie Bombardier: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to submit your application is December 13th, 2019.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.