Direct report: Director of development and operations, Digital Innovation and technologies
You are an integral part of the operations team responsible for delivering end-to-end solutions from conceptual design through delivered solution. You should have an analytical approach to working with automated builds, deployments and monitoring of server infrastructure. You are confident in your decision making and ability to make well considered purchasing decisions to meet not only operational requirements but also those of our staff. You either have or can develop the coding skills necessary to not only configure and integrate tools but also various technology solutions across unrelated platforms. You should always be improving your coding abilities to further evolve and improve our deployment and test automation systems. You continuously evolve your knowledge and understanding of our hosting solutions to maximize availability and minimize any service disruptions.
- Procurement (Servers, computers, peripherals, and other assets as required)
- Installation of server hardware and operating systems (Linux and Windows)
- Configuration of servers, networks, storage, access points and telephony systems
- Monitoring of servers
- Respond to outages and coordinate efforts with our vendors and partners when required
- IT security including assisting with development and execution of policies
- Managing phone systems, network
- Change control
- Backup and disaster recovery planning
- Manage active directory
- Asset tracking
- Software deployments
- Application monitoring & support
- Server provisioning and configuration
Qualifications and skills required
- DEC and/or Bachelor Degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related experience
- Fluent both in French and English – ESSENTIAL
- Understanding of networking concepts
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems like JIRA
- Strong analytical mindset
- Knowledge of linux systems and related web hosting services
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform an asset
- Knowledge of at least one scripting level language for shell scripting like Python
- Sense of leadership
- Strong skills in project management
- Keen sense of responsibility
- A curious mindset and always hungry to learn
- Able to identify priorities without clear direction
Conditions of employment
Permanent full-time position
Start date: January 6, 2020
There’s more to working at C2 than a stimulating work environment—you also get access to:
- Comprehensive group insurance coverage
- Flexible holidays and possibility of working remotely
- A whole network of competent, passionate and enthusiastic colleagues
- A host of internal activities: Thursday 5-7 gatherings, lunchtime activities and workshops, Chips & Beer Fridays, etc.
- Kombucha and other surprises to brighten up your work life even more!
About C2 International
C2 International is the creator and producer of the most forward-thinking business events in the world, combining progressive and inspiring content with a highly creative, collaborative and immersive context that turns guests into engaged participants. Born out of the idea that business events have not yet entered the 21st century, C2 aims to gather leaders to collaboratively explore the creative intersections of commerce, science, technology, society and sustainability. C2 International has been credited with driving the “festivalization” of business events and has been highlighted by the trade press as a standout leader revolutionizing the event business. Its flagship C2 Montréal event was voted “Most Innovative Conference” and “Best conference” multiple years running, and the 2018 edition took home awards for “Canadian Event,” “Sustainable Event” and “Kick A** Experience.” Now C2 lends its creative savvy to organizations the world over, building events for businesses in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. C2 has produced events in close to 40 cities for global leaders such as Michelin, Microsoft, EY, Google and YPO, to name a few. See c2.biz for more information.
At C2, we look beyond your CV. Tell us what you can bring to the team. If this opportunity interests you, send your CV and a short cover letter to Sean Saulnier: email@example.com
The deadline to submit your application is December 13, 2019.
N.b. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.