“There’s always going to be a place for funny, creative, emotionally engaging ads. But what if advertising can be more than just ads? What if delivering better products and services is a form of advertising? What if instead of telling fictional stories, advertising can help companies be more transparent, more socially responsible or just more helpful? What if advertising can help make companies better?” – The Naked Brand
“We used to trust what brands told us. As the years passed – that trust was tested.” – The Naked Brand
“In a transparent world, the consumer is a watchdog, a critic, but also a champion, a collaborator. When a brand truly partners with its customers interesting things can happen.” – Alex Bogusky, Founder of the FearLess Revolution and COMMON.
Feature film via Bloomberg TV.
QUESTIONS INSPIRED BY THE FILM
• What does it mean to be a transparent brand?
• How is social media influencing companies to be more honest?
• Is being a responsible consumer a duty or a choice?
• As a consumer, are you a watchdog, a critic, a champion or a collaborator?
• “26-year old CEO [Tony Hsieh] turned happiness into a business model”. Is this a model all companies should implement?
ADDITIONAL SUGGESTED READING
• “See A Brief Cultural History Of An Auto Giant: The Volkswagen Beetle.” via Fast Company.
Afin de respecter la vision des auteurs, les textes de ce blogue sont publiés dans leur langue d’origine. So as to remain true to the author’s intent, the articles featured on this blog are published in the language in which they were originally written.