As is the custom at C2, we’re ending 3 days of inspiration, experimentation and connection with a solid dose of celebration, this with a bit of help from our friends in the world-renowned Montréal music, arts and entertainment scene. Those who know a bit about C2 Montréal know that the final evening always turns into quite a party. Some say it’s the party of the year – we’ve sometimes paid the price for that success, and learned a few lessons along the way.
The 2016 edition of Illumination Night is presented by Videotron.
Artistic programming is presented by Hydro Québec.
Warm beats and tasty treats throughout the C2 village
This year, festivities will be spread throughout the C2 village, specially designed to inspire the mind and tickle the senses:
- The breezy Plaza, with its newly added biergarten and boardwalk on the water, will be taken over by the soulful vibes of SCOTT C (), the multicoloured electro and house mosaics of & , and ’s sunny live band.
- Back inside, those in a laidback mood will find a cozy nook for a drink and a few velvety jazz tones thanks to the soft instrumentation of , , and the
- The main stage, the Forum, is where and friends Alan Prater, Kahli Abdu (NYC) and Pierre Kwenders will be taking us to the land of groove, and were we are honoured to be welcoming a very special guest: Montréal jazz legend Oliver Jones. The energetic duo (Karim Ouellet & King Abid) will keep us moving to the rhythms of reggae, dancehall, hip-hop and electro. Those who plan on missing their flight the next day can then count on and to deliver the perfect DJ sets for dancing the night away.
Tell your stomach that Antonio Park (, ) and chefs from , and Le Sous-chef Marché gourmand will also be cooking up a storm, as will the lovely folks at the wheels of the food trucks stationed all around the Plaza. Those who feel like doing a little shopping can also browse the selections and creations of , , and .
- On Thursday morning, leave your evening kit and dancing shoes at the coat check.
- Once the sun starts setting, take advantage of the hair and makeup service onsite – you can even get your nails done!
Whatever your plan is, make sure you bring a credit card; the entire C2 site is cashless this year.
You’re invited, of course (all Total Experience Packages include access to Illumination Night presented by Videotron). But you can also invite your friends to join you for this memorable night on the Canal. Just let them know they need to act fast: the number of tickets on sale is very limited this year.