Legendary NFL coach Vince Lombardi, one of the greatest leaders in the history of pro sports, once remarked that, “Individual commitment to a group effort — that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” When it comes to having a winning team, collaboration is key, so C2 Montréal would like to send you and your team on a Collective Mission.
New this year, Collective Missions are a customized professional development group experience. They are designed to leverage the C2 ecosystem in order to empower your team with the skills they need to tackle today’s business challenges.
This unique learning opportunity is tailored for up to 10 members of an organization. The Collective Mission helps teams face major issues in their business head-on — together — while building their collective knowledge and making the most of their C2 Montréal experience.
Five major benefits
The Collective Mission is a team-building experience, a customized professional development retreat, a hands-on, issue-focused collaborative challenge and much more. Here are five reasons why your team needs to be part of a Collective Mission.
- Pre-event planning: Prior to C2, our facilitator and your team leader will work together to align on both the objectives of your Collective Mission and the key learnings you’d like to focus on during the event.
- Bespoke experience: The C2 team will suggest activities, talks and collaborative sessions that provide kind of content you are looking for based on your objectives.
- Daily touchpoints: Over the three days of the event, the facilitator will meet with the Collective Mission group daily to flesh out insights. These collective check-in moments will be the key to sharing and maximizing learnings on your Mission.
- Organizational intelligence-building: Your organization will benefit from a ton of new knowledge gained through talks and collaborative sessions with world-leading experts.
- Collaborative chops: A Collective Mission isn’t exclusively about building up organizational intelligence. It’s also about cultivating your team’s collaborative skills — a crucial tool they’ll then bring back within your walls — for everyone else’s benefit.
Group learning at its best
C2 Montréal’s Collaborative Experiences experts designed the first group-format program two years ago. It was focused on helping participants maximize their learnings at C2.
The program aimed to strengthen teams, enabling them to push beyond their comfort zone and learn through action and collaboration. That initial seed has now grown into today’s Collective Mission.
Interested in undertaking a Collective Mission? Learn more here, and please be sure to share that link with your HR team.
Collaborative experiences inspo
In the research and creation of the Collective Mission, the C2 team found inspiration in various institutions from around the world, namely:
- The Bauhaus (1919-’33) is considered the most influential modernist art school of the 20th century. By uniting art and industrial design, its students were taught to look at the world around them in new ways.
- Waldorf schools teach students how to learn and develop empathic understanding and cultivate imagination through practical, hands-on activities and creative play.
- 42 is a private, nonprofit and tuition-free computer programming school created and funded by French billionaire Xavier Niel.
- The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) has been described as a “subversive adult Disneyland.” Its approach is based on doubt, raising questions rather than providing answers.